Wednesday, August 8, 2012

About Me and Why I Started this Blog

Alright, here we go. This is the beginning. The beginning of the rest of my life. And it will be amazing. I hope. 

There are two reasons why I started this somewhat pathetic blog:
1)Three people have said to me 'you should start a blog' (in variations of words of course).
2)I felt that this was one of the ways I could express myself. Whether it was posting poems and stories or opinions or even how my day was. I'm sure none of you out there in the world would be interested in my life, but I'm just getting my thoughts down. 

About me: 
You should know that I love animals. So be prepared for a flood of adorable animal photos in the future. I have two dogs-Laci & Buddy- and a beloved cat-Lulu. My animals are my life and I don't know what I would do without them. 
I also love to write. I am a member of figment.com and I just might post links to my stories and poems on separate posts if that's what you'd like to see from me :)
I am a gamer. Not the type that plays Halo for hours on end. I like Nintendo (and Sonic the Hedgehog when I'm in the mood). I'm obsessed with all Mario games and my Nintendogs and Nintendogs + cats games. I like Kid Icarus: Uprising for the 3DS as well. Oh yeah, and I dabble in Animal Crossing and I obsess in all Harvest Moon games no matter how old (I still play the gamecube versions, not just the new ones). I could go on and on about how much I play video games, but that would take forever.
Reading-as well as writing- is my passion. If I have a spare moment, I will be reading. Although for the past few days, I haven't had a moment to spare. I've been busy. But I'm trying to fix that. Tonight, I will dedicate at least an hour to Sit, Stay, Slay. Yeah, I also like murder mysteries. They intrigue me. Since we're on the subject of books that intrigue me, you might see me ramble on this particular book series Pendragon. I absolutely love it and if you're looking for a page turning, fast paced, action and adventure packed fantasy book, this is what you should turn to. Beware, if I post something about Pendragon, there may be spoilers. 
Writing that last word in the previous sentence brought thoughts of Doctor Who (spoilers... *cough cough* river song *cough*). I'm a Doctor Who fanatic. Can't wait for the new season in the fall. 

And that's about it... I can't really think of anything else to write about myself. That's the hardest part. I have difficulty writing about myself. I can bring a character to life with personality and wit but when it comes to talking about myself, my mind comes up blank. But I think I handled that about me pretty well, huh? 

If you took time out of your busy hustle and bustle life to read this then take a message from me: Thanks for your time and I really appreciate it :)

~Gina    





picture brought to you by: dailycute.net

No comments:

Post a Comment